Wednesday, May 19, 2010

KO king

So today I started me new venture on Full Tilt.  I always enjoyed full tilt much more than Pokerstars because of its rakeback feature and game selection.  When I originally started the Nick Rainey training program I was told there would be more focus on the 180 man games on stars so I set out to play those to get the most out of this experience.  Like I said, I have moved back to Full Tilt and have started to grind out the 90 man KOs.

I really had no idea how this was going to pan out and honestly I was a little intimidated by a new game with a different start structure.  In most games on stars you are forced into doubling up later in the tournament because of your low start stack.  Here you start with a double stack and you are forced to open your range up a bit more and I don't really have the postflop skills just yet.

So I started out playing the $3.30 games to get used to it and I grinded out about 40-50 games after a late start today.  My first session was ended early from an internet failure and I became quickly discouraged because I was deep in two tables.  I got over it and started me later session and found myself at quite a few final tables.  I ended up on 3 final tables at once and place 1st and two of them and 3rd in the other.  Later I was two finals table at the same time and found myself winning another and placing 3rd in another.

Had 7 final table apperances today which ended- 3 1sts 1 second and 3 thirds.  The second came from cracked aces postflop when I caught a guy check raising all in with only a pair of tens. The turn showed two pair for him and I said gg as I loss the hand going in almost even stacked heads up.

Overall very good day.  Gl at the tables



Well the rakeback I speak of is for new members but, if you are an existing member on full tilt you can get rakeback by messaging full tilt support and asking them for it.  They do not give it out to existing members often but, if you are lucky and play on their site a lot you may be blessed with rakeback.   Rakeback itself is a way to get 27% of the rake you pay on their site back.  If you are not an existing member message me on skype: rephorik and I can help you out.  If you are an existing member do what I said above and try your luck. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey z6 what is the rackback feature you are referring to? Do you have to have a new accout to take advantage of that or can you be a current player on FT and still receive it? Thanks gl

    ReplyDelete