Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rest

Since I started this program I have been practically at sprint pace as far as games played and hours spent focusing on poker.  Since I only started playing poker about 5-6 months ago it hasn't been easy to try and keep up with players that have been doing this stuff for years.  I feel like I am a quick learner but, the hours spent studying and grinding the tables reminds be a ton of the 16 hour days I used to put into Halo and Rainbow Six Vegas. 

I took today off to study some of my own play from this past week as well as start reading Treating Poker Like a Business by Dusty.  This is a terrific book and I can honestly say I feel I have a new mindset on things.  I am about half way through the book but, to give you and idea of the power behind its words I will say that I spent 2 and a half hours reading the book aloud to 2 of my roommates whom sat there quietly and listened to every word.  They are aspiring poker players like myself and I honestly believe they have the dedication it takes to be great players but, they are currently going through the stages I went through about 2 months ago and they are finally becoming winning poker players. 

If you put the right amount of effort and the right amount of time you can be successful at this game... You just have to know where to look and how to take advantage of everything someone better than you tells you.

No comments:

Post a Comment