Monday, March 15, 2010

Excited

One of the first and many things Nick told us was to make goals for ourselves.  This did not mean I want to make $1,000,000 by the end of the month and kill ourselves going for it.  Although it would be nice to achieve a feat like this it is completely the wrong way to think about things.  I'm not even talking about just the amount of money I mean we set ourselves with goals such as: how many games played or hours logged instead. 

Last month was the first time I ever really went to the grind in my entire life.  I put in over 1,000 sngs at the 9-10 man turbos.  This month I thought a great goal for me would be to put in about 1,500 180 man sngs (which last much much longer than a 9-10 man) which, is about 50 a day.  Since I am in college I have alot of free time but, if you have ever been to college or are in it now you know that sometimes all that free time doesn't mean you really have all that free time.  I am struggling a bit with my time schedule management but, I started reading the book treat your poker like a business and it really opened my eyes to how we should perceive this opportunity we are being given. I am starting to take things a little more seriously and by doing so I will free up even more time to focus on school and poker equally at the sacrifice of maybe watching a movie or going out to a party one night. 

The reason this is titled excited is because 1) we are not supposed to get excited or upset or really have any kind of emotion while playing because it will change our outlook for that session and maybe even following sessions.  Me, I was never the best with this kind of stuff.  My roommates would constantly yell at me and make fun of me because they would hear me yelling about some bad beat or something stupid while playing a ton of tables.  I have been better lately though I have really cut it down to just final table bad beats but, this is something I know needs to stop and will very shortly.  2) I just found out that I am currently one of the new breakout students of nick rainey's and I  honestly couldn't be happier.  I have been putting in the time and work on and off the tables to try and become the best player I can be and it is really paying off.  I have made over $1,000 profit in my first 700 games and this is a huge accomplishment for me.  I would again like to thank nick rainey and my coach aaron for everything they have done so for me so far.  See you guys at the tables

No comments:

Post a Comment