Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Put into check

Well as many of you all know I have been running very well the last few days.  I don't know if this is some kind of luck streak I am on or maybe I really do know how to play poker :).  Well, that all changed yesterday and pokerstars decided it was time to put me in my place by giving me premium hands late in every tournament and losing every time to a much worse hand which, resulted in a 30bi downswing.  I continued to play the way I knew and I noticed myself start to tilt so I stopped my session at 110 games and hung out with a few of my roommates.

But, even with all of this "bad luck" I know I was making the right decisions and I consider it a good thing just for the sheer fact that I am in this program to learn and thinking I can just run everything over the first week isn't a great way to look at things.  I started with a solid foundation joining pokervt so I had no really bad habits because I rarely played before pokervt.  Now I am stepping up my game with Nick and everyone included in his program so here I am again grinding it out.

That was yesterday and the past can't be changed so today I started up a session and my computer decided to freeze with 16 tables going :(.  I had to restart and came back with so much craziness I almost just wanted to give up but I basically hit the never fold button on each of my tables until I climbed back up with the huge blinds/antes and found myself at 3 final tables and now I am happily at where I started yesterday's dreadful session.  So all and all its like it never happened and I am going to continue thinking of it that way.  GL at the tables

If you can't be content with what you have received, be thankful for what you have escaped.

No comments:

Post a Comment