Thursday, April 15, 2010

Slacking Hard

So I haven't updated this in a very very long time.  This is all my fault so please don't blame yourselves.  I love all of my dedicated blog watchers and this post is to you my friends. 

For the last week or two I have been struggling.  I have been up and down like crazy and I just didn't know what the hell was going on.  The fish were easy the regs were walking on me and I just felt somewhere in the middle.  I felt as though I was only going to win if someone let me win.  Now when I played at the 2s I played like a champion.  I was calling raising shoving like god himself and no one could stop me.  It felt like the regs there were easier to read then books and they feared me like I was a pissed off drunk man and I just thought they stole my last beer. Like I said though, the 12s were a different world.  I was dropped off in what felt like a warzone and I was hiding under bushes and hoping that a I gained some kind of super power to beat this dreamlike game. 

But, there is nothing to fear folks.  I was playing like a those girls you hate playing dodgeball with in gym class.  You know the ones that sit wayyyyyyyy in the back and are skinnier than any human being should be so you literally have to the luck of Irish to hit them.  Ya that was me.  I was dodgeing bullets and wading through this game just staying alive.  But now, I have become a machine.  I have been working my ass off with both my roommates onopro aka ora and cre731 aka chris.  They are learning a ton from me and have just started the nick rainey training program as well.  They have been crushing the 2s lately and really impressed me with how fast the have become giants among the world of fish.  And after long hours of training and studying everyday and the help of aaron, nick, and bodeye I myself have become a giant.  I feel in control again and the regs are noticing it.  I have had a few fold to me bvb because of my fearlessness when it comes to calling them light. 

I am convinced this has to be one of the most stressful jobs of all time.  You have to come into work everyday doing your BEST or you will not make money.  I feel this should be something all businesses should take in effect but, we choose this and I couldn't be happier. 

A wise man once told me that the way to win is not to study the game to the T but, to feel the "flow" and let it come to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment